25 September 2011

i'm a mormon

In a week, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will start here in the Seattle area a huge media campaign, known as "I'm a Mormon". This has already been done in other places, like NYC. There is a good article from the Huffington Post which was put out earlier this month about this campaign. There is also an article available at the LDS Newsroom. As a Mormon in the Seattle area, I've been asked to participate in this campaign by creating a profile on Mormon.org so that I can share with people what I believe and how I live my life. I am in the process of creating a profile and when I have a link to share I will post it here.

Why is the Church doing this media campaign? Good question.
1) to dispel myths and let people know what kind of people we really are
2) to share our love of Jesus Christ and help people better come to know Him
3) to direct people to mormon.org where they can learn more about us and Christ

What do I think about it?
I think it's awesome and I can't wait to get started! (Oh wait, I have started.)

Here's a teaser from my mormon.org profile:

Hi, I'm Cassànndrè.
student. photographer. educator. learner. biology major. dancer. reader. migraineur. flutist. volunteer. Mormon.

about me
I believe in miracles. I believe that we all have a happily-ever-after waiting for us, we just have to get there. I believe that I have the choice to be happy. When I choose to be happy, I see beauty everywhere. I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life, but it will involve having a family and helping people. I cry really easily. I don't like seafood. Or spinach. I'm shy, but I hear that I hide it well. I love to dance and I'm a different person when I play my flute. My little photography business is slowly expanding. I am an undergraduate biology major- at least for now. I believe that we need to have goals and make plans but ultimately trust God to guide our lives because nothing ever goes according to our plans. I'm grateful that He is in control. I'm Cassànndrè, and I'm a Mormon :)

how i live my faith
For a couple of years I wasn't able to work or go to school because of severe migraines. I read the story of a woman whom doctors couldn't heal and with faith sought just to touch the hem of Christ's garment (Luke 8:43-48). That story touched me and I wondered how I could do that. One day I was sitting in a religion class and the teacher said something (I don't even remember what!) and I decided that the closest I could get to touching the hem of Christ's garment was to touch the temple, because that is the Lord's house. I began to visit the temple every week....

for more, visit my profile at mormon.org.




I'm a Mormon.I'm a Mormon.

No comments: